Monday, September 24, 2012

Writer's Block

During the In-Service Training, each of the teachers was asked to write a descriptive paragraph about a student of his/her choice. This was what I came up with.

"What you see is what you get" is one of the last things I would use to describe X. To most, he is a callous person. Before he works on an assigned task, he complains, gives reasons to weasel his way out of it, or asks inane questions that are time-consuming. And when he finally concedes, he grumbles and mutters under his breath. Yes, as a teacher, I find this annoying and disrespectful, even. 
But judging him based only on these without trying to understand what makes him tick is a grave injustice.

I still had a lot on my mind then, but I ran out of time. It's funny how I'm teaching rhetoric, yet I cannot seem to find the right words to give justice to this person's uniqueness. /dramz

No comments:

Post a Comment